Starting September 19, Xceed is rolling out an upgraded Bill Pay tool with new benefits, including faster processing, more ways to pay, and more!
Features of the New Bill Pay
- Bill Payments will now be processed on what’s known as the “Pay Date” rather than the Send Date, meaning you can pick the Pay Date (AKA delivery date), and we’ll make sure your bills are paid on time!
- You’ll also be able to view electronic versions of some of your paper bills online, and view payee’s statements from within Bill Pay if the payee makes them available.
- For some payees, same-day payments will be available as long as you schedule the payment before 10 p.m. ET.
- If the first Bill Pay doesn’t go through due to insufficient funds, we’ll try to complete your payment again in 24 business hours.
- Your account won’t be debited until your selected Pay Date. This means it’s really important that you have sufficient funds in your account on the Pay Date!
Things You Should Know
- It’s important to have funds available in your accounts on the scheduled Pay Date, as this is when the account will be debited. In the old Xceed Online, your account may have been debited after the scheduled delivery date.
- The scheduled Pay Day for one-time payments must be a business day.
- Automatic, recurring payments that fall over a weekend or holiday will be processed the previous business day.
- If you initiate a bill payment which creates an overdraft, the Bill Payment Service account may be frozen or cancelled from access. All payments in Bill Payment Service are suspended during the blocked period.
- You can cancel any pending payment via the Bill Payment Service no later than the cutoff time on the pay/schedule date.
- If you ask Xceed to cancel your Bill Pay service, this will cancel or void any scheduled or recurring payments.
Steps to Take Before September 17
To help ensure that your Bill Pay information is transferred over to the new system, it’s important that you log in to Xceed Online and check your current payees. You’ll want to confirm that:
- All payee account numbers are correct.
- Your payee account numbers do not include an asterisk (*).
- All payee addresses are correct and U.S.-based.
Note: If you have a time-sensitive payment that is due from September 14 – September 21, we recommend you schedule the payment before or after those dates to help avoid any processing issues during the upgrade, which could lead to late charges from the payment recipient.
We’ve created a handy checklist where you can document your current Bill Pay information so you can take note of your current Bill Payments and double-check them starting September 19.