The Workforce Initiative Subsidy for Homeownership (WISH) Program through Xceed provides a 3-to-1 matching grant of up to $15,000 to eligible individuals and families who want to change from renting to owning. If you’re ready to buy your first home, WISH may be right for you.
- WISH provides up to $15,000 for each participating household, matching up to $3 for each $1 contributed by the homebuyer(s), including your own savings and other sources of funds. For example, if you’ve saved $500 and receive a $2,500 gift from your parents, the program will grant an additional $9,000. That’s $12,000 total you’ll have to put towards buying a home!
- Your contribution can be from savings or a family gift.
- Grant funds can be used for a down payment and closing costs, whether you put down 3% or 50%.
Is WISH for you?
- At least one buyer must be a first-time homebuyer or someone who hasn’t owned a home in the last 3 years.
- The buyer must be enrolled by Xceed in the WISH Program (enrollment is good for one year, giving you time to shop for your home).*
- At least one buyer must complete the Framework Homeownership Course (or a similar course) on the WISH website prior to purchasing the home.
- At the time of enrollment in the WISH Program, the buyer must satisfy the following income eligibility criteria: at or below 80% of the HUD area median income.
The best part is that WISH grants can be combined with other loan assistance programs offered by Xceed, like FHA loans and HomeReady®. Contact our Mortgage Loan Officers today at 877.XCEED.11 (877.923.3311) for more information.
This is not a commitment to lend. Xceed Financial Credit Union loan limits, collateral requirements, and underwriting guidelines will be followed. Programs, rates, terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without notice. Additional terms, conditions, and restrictions apply.
*Enrollment in the WISH Program does not guarantee the homebuyer receipt of WISH funds.